If our last post about dying albatross chicks got you down, I hope you take the time to learn how you can help this endangered species. 40% of all Laysan albatross chicks die from their ingestion of plastic. The Monterey Bay Aquarium has a great list of ways that we can help in our daily routines.
- Limit your use of disposable plastics, like plastic bags and water bottles.
- Carry your own reusable shopping bag and/or water bottle.
- Look for products made from recycled materials that have little or no packaging, or packaging that is recyclable.
- Try to avoid Styrofoam products—bring your own mug to the coffee shop, and a container for leftovers when you eat out.
- Know which plastics can be recycled in your city and recycle!
- Make sure all non-recyclable plastics are securely disposed of.
- Pick up trash on the street and put it in a trash can.
To learn more about the albatrosses’ plight, click on the link in the title.